Valentine's Day. Whether it melts your heart or strikes fear into it, the day will be here soon and you need a unique idea to impress that certain someone. Or maybe you just need to drown your sorrows. Whatever the reason, you came to the right place. Making cocktails at home can be fun, impressive, and downright sexy. Great for unwinding before heading out to a pre-fixe dinner, or as an excuse to come upstairs for a nightcap, these recipes are sure impress your Valentine.
2 Parts Beefeater 24
1 Part Fresh Lemon Juice
¾ Part Turbinado Simple Syrup*
1 muddled Strawberry
4-6 Basil Leaves
1. Add lemon juice, basil and berry into mixing glass and lightly muddle.
2. Add the remaining ingredients into mixing glass along with ice and shake vigorously.
3. Fine-strain over the rocks into a double old-fashioned glass and top with a splash of soda.
4. Garnish with lemon wheel and one thinly cut strawberry slice.
1/3 Part Beefeater 24
1/3 Part Sencha tea syrup
¼ Part Lemon juice
Top with Champagne
1. Shake and strain into chilled champagne flute.
2. Top with Champagne
3. Garnish with a fresh cherry.
2 Parts Beefeater Winter Edition Gin
2 Parts Cherry Juice
2 Parts Ginger Beer
1. Pour Beefeater Winter Edition Gin and cranberry juice into a highball glass over ice.
2. Top with ginger all and garnish with a squeeze of lime, or a cherry.
2oz Beefeater Gin
.5oz Turbinado Simple Syrup*
5-7 Mint Leaves
1 Heavy Dash Celery Bitters
1. Add lemon juice, mint and salt into mixing glass and lightly muddle.
2. Add the remaining ingredients into mixing glass along with crushed ice and stir gently until an ice frost builds on the outside of the glass.
3. Garnish with mint sprig.
*To make simple syrup combine one part hot water to one part raw turbinado sugar. Stir until all sugar is dissolved and allow to cool.
This beer finishes crisp, sweet and tangy, almost like a glass of juice. ...read more ›
We also found two online retailers still carrying the first release....read more ›
Never been easier to fight cancer and support your drinking habit at the same time....read more ›
For the first time since Prohibition, making your own beer will be legal in all 50 states. ...read more ›
What do you think are the best beer towns in the USA?...read more ›
Not run-of-the-mill in any way, Doom is definitely worth your consideration....read more ›
Want to go on an awesome road trip? ...read more ›
These two great cultural institutions have more in common than you may realize. ...read more ›
Dogfish Head's first new core beer since 2007 is a wine-IPA hybrid....read more ›
As cocktails trend towards more bitter notes, amaro are coming to the forefront on drink menus across the city....read more ›
It's time to begin thinking about one of the great pleasures of springtime: an afternoon sitting under the shade of a blossoming tree, stationed at a ...read more ›
One category the Mid-Atlantic is doing better than anyone else right now is India Pale Ales, and these five are tops. ...read more ›