Careers at The Drink Nation
The Drink Nation Seeks Local Editor
The Drink Nation is a family of websites about drinking culture in American cities. Our national site, TheDrinkNation.com, features drink reviews, news, commentary and more. Our local sites contain a directory of all the best bars in the region; listings of upcoming events; and posts and articles about local bars, drink-related happenings and items of interest in the area.
We are currently searching for a local editor in Portland, Seattle, Denver, and St. Louis, for our upcoming launch of DrinkPortland.com, DrinkSeattle.com, DrinkDenver.com, and DrinkStLouis.com.
If you are:
- an avid fan of great cocktails, craft beer or interesting wines (or, preferably, all of the above);
- well-versed in the ins and outs of your local restaurant and bar scene;
- can write quick and insightful blog posts and articles about the above;
- familiar with social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter;
and want to translate all that into a bit of extra cash, this is the position for you.
As local editor, you will be the point person for your site, writing articles, communicating with bars and PR firms, supplying information on openings, helping with social media and on-the-ground outreach and generally helping spread the word about your site.
Pay will include a base rate for a minimum of six article posts a month, which can be increased by bonuses that are awarded based on traffic generated by your posts and articles.
This is a freelance position.
If interested, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising Sales for The Drink Nation:
DrinkPhilly.com is looking for a dedicated ad salesperson to sell ad space, brand partnerships and sponsorships for our cross-media property. Drink Philly is a local startup company focused on compiling and advertising drink and food specials in the Philadelphia area. It is the very first happy hour and drink specials source in Philadelphia and has been deemed the number one happy hour directory in Philadelphia by LivingSocial.com.
Drink Philly has been featured on Preston & Steve on WMMR, ABC 6 Action News, and CBS & KYW Philly News. Recently, Drink Philly won the Wharton Entrepreneurship Conference People's Choice award for best startup company, and the Philadelphia Geek Awards for Best New Blog.
We are now expanding our network to TheDrinkNation.com which will focus on a nation-wide readership, as well as expanding to more local markets, including Washington D.C., Baltimore, and New York City.
To build a solid sales team, we’re looking to hire someone with initiative and the creative ability required to broker new advertising opportunities. The applicant should have existing relationships with media companies, the alcohol industry, ad agencies, and content creators or the skills necessary to build them quickly.
This is an excellent opportunity for a print advertising specialist looking to reinvent themselves, or a person with web experience looking for major growth potential.
Drink Philly, The Drink Nation, Drink DC, Drink Baltimore, and Drink NYC are owned by Fruition Capital, LLC, our parent organization.
-History in advertising sales
-Ability to develop unconventional advertising opportunities
-Existing relationships with advertisers
-Knowledge of the tech space and web trends
To be negotiated
Philadelphia, with ability to grow contacts in other cities quickly.
Please send your resume and cover email to
This is a fulltime position.
To apply for this position: Send resume to email@example.com.
Promo Brand Ambassador:
Interested in becoming a brand ambassador? Love to meet new people and learn about things going on in the city? If so, we got you.
We are looking for out-going people who want to work for an explosive company - while learning a ton about marketing, event coordination, and fostering community among site subscribers.
The hours will vary, ranging anywhere from 1 event (2-3 hours) to 4 events a week (8-12 hours) and even more during Philly Beer Week (20+ hours). Compensation will vary depending upon level of experience and availability.
Social Media Intern:
As an FYI, the internship position is unpaid, however it will build great experience in the world of social networking. The position is part-time and will require approx 30 hours a week devoted to working at the Drink Philly office.
The Drink Nation social media intern will:
- create, add to and maintain Twitter lists for @drinkphilly, @drinkbmore, @thedrinknation, @drinkdc and @drinknjshore
- lists will be local bars and restaurants, local press, local drink bloggers, national drink writers, spirits companies, wine companies, breweries, distributors
- curate existing Twitter accounts to trim down following count, if needed
- on Facebook, add other companies, bars and restaurants to page favorites for our respective brands
- post daily content links to Facebook, including tags of any mentioned/relevant entities
- create Facebook photo albums from events and post images with links and tags
- brainstorm on and execute questions/contests for The Drink Nation twitter and Facebook
- think of ways to drive Disqus comments on article posts